When we refer to “we,” “us,” or “our,” we mean Schuberg Insurance Agency or any other affiliated company within the Schuberg Insurance Agency. When we refer to “you,” “your,” or “user,” we mean the person accessing this site. If the person accessing this site does so on behalf of, or for the purposes of, another person, including a business or other organization, “you” or “your” also means that other person, including a business organization.
Agreement to be Bound
Limited Use and Access
This site is controlled, operated and administered by us from offices within the United States of America and for the purpose of servicing our policyholders and the marketing and promoting of our products and services solely within the State of Michigan. We make no representation that our products and services or the materials at this site are appropriate or available in all states.
Insurance Policy Terms and Conditions Control
All coverage information provided by this site is in general terms and is superseded in all respects by the Insuring Agreements, Exclusions and Conditions of the Policy. Some coverages or discounts may not be applicable for all inquiries. Some coverages or discounts may have been eliminated or modified since the posting on this site. The issuing, renewal, or cancellation of any insurance policy, policy terms and conditions, and rates are subject to underwriting review. Coverage cannot be bound through schubergagency.com (see disclaimer).
Use of Materials
We authorize you to view and download materials from this site only for your use in connection with the lawful purchase, marketing and/or evaluation of our products and services. This authorization is not a transfer of any rights in the materials. Any copies you make of the materials (including by printing or by retaining electronic copies) are subject to the following restrictions.
1. You may not remove, or disassociate, from any of the materials our name or any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the materials; and
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Schuberg Insurance Agency experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
1. Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of our full service. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our service, and communicating with you.
2. Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses schubergagency.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of schubergagency.com on other Web sites.
3. Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Schuberg Insurance Agency or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
4. E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from schubergagency.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please see the bottom of the email you received to unsubscribe.
5. Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
1. Cookies are unique identifiers that we use to gather information about location of request, tracking information, and target marketing.
2. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-ons settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer. Disabling cookies will not change your experience on our site.
Purposes of Use of Shared Information
Personal information is shared to enable joint users to supply specific information requested by customers, undertake surveys or competitions, etc., manage orders for products and services, display or send custom, personalized content to our users and send newsletters, mail, e-mails, features, promotional material, surveys and other updates, information or offers to our users. Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
1. Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In other cases, we provide services or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
2. Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling change requests, providing quotes, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
3. Protection of Schuberg Insurance Agency and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of schubergagency.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website or one of our blogs. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
To the extent that you provide to us any third party or consumer information by submitting it to us or using it on this site (including nonpublic personal information):
1. You represent and warrant to us that you own, or possess sufficient rights in, or the authority to provide us with, all such information; and
2. You grant to us an exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works from, transmit and distribute such information as we see fit for the purpose of underwriting, issuing and/or servicing the products or services we provide.
CAN-SPAM, Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Similar Law
Your use of this site establishes a business or other applicable relationship with us for purposes of CAN-SPAM, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and all other applicable law that addresses unsolicited commercial communications. By accessing, or continuing to access, this site, you agree that we or independent insurance agents may call, e-mail, or otherwise communicate with you regarding promotion of the products or services we provide.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Misuse of this Site
You may not make any statements on, or provide or post any information to, this site that is, knowingly false, misleading, defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, or that, without authorization, incorporates the proprietary material of another or the nonpublic personal information of any consumer which is protected by any privacy laws and/or regulations including, but not limited to, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Modernization Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, and/or any similar state or federal privacy law or regulation.
No Unauthorized Access, Intentional Interruption or Destructive Material
You agree not to attempt to: a) interrupt the operation of any site; b) gain unauthorized access to our computers or computer codes; or c) introduce any electronic data or software containing viruses, worms, Trojan horses, web robots, crawlers, wanderers, spiders, and the like, or other destructive material to our computers which if transmitted through a software or electronic medium would adversely affect any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
Changes to and Availability of this Site
We may terminate, change, suspend, interrupt, or discontinue any aspect of any site, including the availability of any features of any site, at any time. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts of this site or one or more entire sites without notice or liability. We may terminate the authorization, rights, and license given above.
Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property
This site and its content contain copyrights by us or other third parties and all rights are reserved.
ALL RIGHTS TO THE SITE DESIGN, ALL MATERIALS ACCESSED, VIEWED, OR OBTAINED AND POSTED AND/OR PROVIDED ON SITES ARE RETAINED BY US WITH THE RIGHT TO ENFORCE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN SUCH MATERIALS. YOU MAY NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE ANY MATERIAL ACCESSED, VIEWED, OR OBTAINED FROM ANY SITE, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN OR WITHOUT OUR EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION.
Trademarks of others are the property of their respective owners. We make no claim to the trademarks of others.
We do not knowingly permit anyone to post materials on this site where such posting would violate copyright or other applicable law, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) (including 17 USC § 512).
Limitation of Actions
Choice of Law, Jurisdiction, and Venue
Other Method of Dispute Resolution
In lieu of civil litigation, at our sole discretion, we may elect to have any dispute arising out of or related to your use of, or association with, this site to be settled solely by binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures, or where appropriate, the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes of the American Arbitration Association. The place of arbitration will be in the vicinity of Lansing, Michigan. The arbitration will be conducted in English. Any award by the arbitration panel may be entered in, and enforced by, any court of competent jurisdiction.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SITES AND ALL MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THEM ARE PROVIDED CONDITIONAL ON THE USER RECOGNIZING THAT THE QUALITY, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE SITE MAY DEPEND ON THE USER PROVIDING ACCURATE INFORMATION. WE FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, COSTS, SUITS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, OR ANY OTHER HARM THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THIS SITE.
Limitation of Liability
1. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF ANY SITE OR ANY SERVICE RELATED THERETO, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE; and
2. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY SITE OR ANY SERVICE RELATED THERETO, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Last Revised 2-24-17